Reporting

PDF Generation

RohiniJindam
Path Finder

I have Splunk installed on a windows machine and I want to generate emailed reports in PDF format. I'm currently using advanced xml and Flash charts in all my views. Since post processing is involved, I believe it cannot be converted to simple xml.

I've looked into the sdks and REST endpoints. But I could only access the xml of my views.

How do I achieve what I want? Any guidelines to make a pdf of my chart from the xml I could access?

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am pretty sure that if you want to create PDF reports from advanced XML dashboards, your only option is to go back to the old PDF Report Server app.

jlaw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, for advanced XML and Flash, you need the PDF Report Server App. It runs only on Linux. If you can configure a search head running on a Linux machine (and searching your Windows indexer), you can install the app there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...