Reporting

Not able to send emails from corporate email id

hwakonwalk
Path Finder

Hi,
Splunk gives me permission issues when I try to send email from a corporate email Id xxxx@accenture.com. The error message is "command="sendemail", No suitable authentication method found. while sending mail to: xxxx@accenture.com"
I use the following settings:
email Id: xxxx@accenture.com
Mail Host: XXX.smtp.accenture.com
Security: Enable TLS
I tried using Host name as xxx.smtp.accenture.com:25/587 and security as None and Enable SSL also
The emails work fine when I use gmail id with following options
email Id: xxx@gmail.com
Mail Host: smtp.gmail.com:587
Security: Enable TLS
I couldn't find anything related, please help me out with resolution of this issue
Thanks,
Zubair

Tags (2)

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would suggest you contact your email admin for detailed setup instructions, or check your email client or phone for settings that work.
Not all servers accept outbound SMTP or they require very specific set up.

I would also suggest you sanitize that question and remove any specific info about your corp network/email.

- MattyMo
0 Karma

hwakonwalk
Path Finder

Thanks,
Now, I am able to do it by bypassing the authentication by setting authentication to none and using my SMTP server and setting the corporate email id in the send email command
Thanks for the help

0 Karma

asrsm2001

I am also having the same issue , can you please send me a test mail on asrsm2001@gmail.com. I would like to connect off line.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...