Reporting

New PDF Generation - Limitations?

Drainy
Champion

So its fairly well known that the new PDF generation is limited to Simple XML and specifically not form elements. Thats all fine and dandy, however I gave it a whirl last week and the outcome was less than pretty.

I've attached screenshots below but I'd love to hear if anyone has any experience on improving the output or if there are plans to improve the quality of the report? As it stands, I think the PDF Server provides a better report (yes, I appreciate it does still have its limitations). For printing timecharts with a table it looks fine but everything feels like it should be landscape and singlevalue modules are butchered..

EDIT: Also, if you using grouping in Simple XML then the PDF only renders the range class names instead of the values

EDIT: Shameless bump, just in case..

Dashboard;
alt text

PDF Generation;
alt text

Tags (1)

christophe_sahu
Explorer

I definitely agree, that's a big step backward. See http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/68250/splunk-5-and-new-pdf-built-in-feature as well.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...