Reporting

Is there a way to navigate to and run a saved search that will not display the search string?

wegscd
Contributor

I'm trying to do a quick-and-dirty app that just has navigation to some saved searches.

Is there a way to make a link to a saved search that, when clicked, will run the saved search, but not display the search string text? In other words, make a link that will run the saved search the same way as if it were picked from the "Reports" menu?

I suspect view= is the ticket, but I can't figure the correct view name out (or I could be totally wrong here)

I could do custom views, but I'm hoping for a quick-n-dirty way to save searches and provide navigation to them while hiding as much of the ad-hoc stuff as possible.

0 Karma
1 Solution

wegscd
Contributor

found it in experiments. the view name would be "report":

<saved view="report" ...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

found it in experiments. the view name would be "report":

<saved view="report" ...

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

You can run a saved search like this, if you dont want to show the contents of the search

| savedsearch your_saved_search_name

Does that help for your use case?

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

I don't know how to integrate this into my navigation's default.xml.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...