Reporting

Is there a way to navigate to and run a saved search that will not display the search string?

wegscd
Contributor

I'm trying to do a quick-and-dirty app that just has navigation to some saved searches.

Is there a way to make a link to a saved search that, when clicked, will run the saved search, but not display the search string text? In other words, make a link that will run the saved search the same way as if it were picked from the "Reports" menu?

I suspect view= is the ticket, but I can't figure the correct view name out (or I could be totally wrong here)

I could do custom views, but I'm hoping for a quick-n-dirty way to save searches and provide navigation to them while hiding as much of the ad-hoc stuff as possible.

0 Karma
1 Solution

wegscd
Contributor

found it in experiments. the view name would be "report":

<saved view="report" ...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

found it in experiments. the view name would be "report":

<saved view="report" ...

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

You can run a saved search like this, if you dont want to show the contents of the search

| savedsearch your_saved_search_name

Does that help for your use case?

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

I don't know how to integrate this into my navigation's default.xml.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...