Reporting

Is it possible to define different source email addresses for different scheduled reports/alerts?

marlog
Explorer

Looks like it is possible to set "Send email as" to a custom email address that would appear in the From field in scheduled alerts/reports. However, this would take effect across the board and we have different teams that would like to use their group emails for their alerts/reports. Is it possible to set different "Send email as" to different alerts/reports?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I believe you can set the action.email.from = for each saved search/alert level. See if that's available for update from Splunk Web UI in advanced edit on Searches, reports and alerts.

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Sure, if you use the sendemail command inline on the search. For example:

index=myindex | head 10 | sendemail to=recipient@test.com from=sender@test.com

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

BTW, you can read about the whole list of options available with the sendemail command here:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.0/SearchReference/Sendemail

0 Karma

marlog
Explorer

Thank you very much for your suggestion. However, I am looking at "Schedule PDF Delivery" where the Dashboard can be sent as a PDF attachment to an email. And also regular scheduled Alerts.

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Ahh, in that case, then I think @somesoni2 is on the right track for helping you in his comment above!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...