Reporting

Is it possible to ad hoc export a PDF in landscape mode?

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When I click the "Export PDF" button on a dashboard, the generated PDF is laid out in portrait mode. I'd like to generate a PDF in landscape mode instead.

This seems to be possible for scheduled PDF delivers as outlined in the documentation : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.4/Viz/DashboardPDFs

But I'd like to have Landscape mode PDFs for ad hoc exports as well. Is this possible?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try changing the PDF orientation to Landscape from "System settings » Email settings " and try doing ad-hoc export.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try changing the PDF orientation to Landscape from "System settings » Email settings " and try doing ad-hoc export.

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This setting does seem to control the export as pdf functionality. It's unfortunate that you can't be prompted for each individual PDF, rather than having a constant, universal, server setting.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...