Reporting

How to send emails from Splunk Cloud Trial?

hettervik
Builder

Hi,

As far as I know it's possible to send email from Splunk Cloud using mail host 127.0.0.1:25, which also is sat as mail host by default. I'm having some troubles sending email from my Splunk Cloud Trial instance. I've tried sending emails to a couple of different email accounts to ensure that there are no filters blocking out the emails, and I've also tried using a different mail host belonging to the customer I'm currently working for, but with no luck. Could there be any limitations on the Splunk Cloud Trial that prevents me from sending emails? If not, does anyone have any idea on what may be the problem?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hettervik
Builder

We've upgraded the Splunk Cloud Trial to a POC license, and now sending emails works just fine. Also, before we upgraded, we asked Splunk support about the issue, and they couldn't either send mails from a Splunk Cloud Trial instance they sat up. It seems like there indeed is some sort of restriction on the Splunk Cloud Trial.

View solution in original post

hettervik
Builder

We've upgraded the Splunk Cloud Trial to a POC license, and now sending emails works just fine. Also, before we upgraded, we asked Splunk support about the issue, and they couldn't either send mails from a Splunk Cloud Trial instance they sat up. It seems like there indeed is some sort of restriction on the Splunk Cloud Trial.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...