Reporting

How to change time range from scheduled report in dashboard panel?

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

I have 4 panels on a dashboard. These panels are populated via scheduled reports. They each have their own timerange that they cover. Is it possible to add a time input on the dashboard and let users change this such that the panels re-run with the newly selected time range? That is, I want to keep the default time range of the scheduled report, but allow users to select a new time range and then the panels within the dashboard rerun and present results based on the newly selected time range. I tried messing around with it and don't see how I can override the report's time range by putting a new Time input in that panel.

0 Karma

sdchakraborty
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to solve this few months back. I posted the code and data used in the below github repo. Please try to implement the same in your environement and see how its going.

https://github.com/siddharthajuprod07/youtube/tree/master/local_vs_global_timepicker

first index the csv file and then create the dashboard.

Sid

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

Hi! Does your scheduled search produce a time field of some sort or does it keep the _time field? If so, I can show you how to do a time filter in a dashboard panel.

0 Karma

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

It does not produce a time field. It just produces various stats panels within the dashboard. When you say "keep the _time field" I can say that none of the panels change or alter _time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...