Reporting

How to automate secure copy (SCP) saved search results on ServerA to ServerB?

tkwaller
Builder

Hello

I am trying to figure out how I can do this:
I have a saved search that runs on server A and I want to automate secure copy (scp) those results to server B. How can I accomplish this? All I want to do is simply scp the results from one folder to a different folder on a different server.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks for the assistance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, There are multiple ways you can do this. You are essentially running a command on a schedule... if you want to go the SCP route. Set up the access via SSHKeys and you can either use crond, or any scheduler even splunk scheduler or a script .

scp -r serverA/ user@serverB:/destination

Taking a guess at what you are trying to do, it might be better just to use a mapped/mounted drive that can be accessed from both locations.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Yasaswy
Contributor

Hi, There are multiple ways you can do this. You are essentially running a command on a schedule... if you want to go the SCP route. Set up the access via SSHKeys and you can either use crond, or any scheduler even splunk scheduler or a script .

scp -r serverA/ user@serverB:/destination

Taking a guess at what you are trying to do, it might be better just to use a mapped/mounted drive that can be accessed from both locations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...