Reporting

How to add a saved search to a FlashTimeLine?

jraynor196
Explorer

I am using the flahstimeline view. I created and saved a search. How do I assign that search so that is always shows up as default when the flashtimeline is shown. I tried source="Saved_Search" but that made the flashtimeline and search nav dissappear.

1 Solution

jraynor196
Explorer

Basically, I cloned the flashtimeline view and put the cloned flashtimeline into my application. I then edited the XML and added the following parameter under the following line:

module name="SearchBar" layoutPanel="splSearchControls-inline"

Parameter added:

param name="default"index=your_index_goes_here

Please note the absense of xml tags.

Although this is not a saved searched, the search string is defaulting to that value everytime I open up the flashtimeline search view which is what I want.

View solution in original post

jraynor196
Explorer

Basically, I cloned the flashtimeline view and put the cloned flashtimeline into my application. I then edited the XML and added the following parameter under the following line:

module name="SearchBar" layoutPanel="splSearchControls-inline"

Parameter added:

param name="default"index=your_index_goes_here

Please note the absense of xml tags.

Although this is not a saved searched, the search string is defaulting to that value everytime I open up the flashtimeline search view which is what I want.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...