Reporting

How do you disable a Splunk report for a particular user?

jiaqya
Builder

How do I disable a Splunk report for a list of users?

I'm looking to disable reports in an app while allowing the data to flow in , for some days, before shutting the server down.

How do I go about this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi

I think you would need to separate those users and assign a role to them and then you can manage permissions of your reports based on roles as I do not think you can directly set permission on user basis.and even ideally you should create a role and give all the users that role so in future if you want to add/remove any user you can easily to that from the roles instead for every reports.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jiaqya
Builder

I did the above and it worked perfectly for me.

now i have another question , that i get a 404 error when i remove permission for user.

is there any good way to populate this page with some text indicating the new link for users who try ....

404 Not Found
Return to Splunk home page
Page not found!
View more information about your request (request ID = 5c483bab207f5a244fd590) in Search

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi I am glad that it works for you !
Well talking about this you would need to work with java script and CSS in order to populate custom message which I do not have knowledge about.
I think you should post a new question with the required o/p.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi

I think you would need to separate those users and assign a role to them and then you can manage permissions of your reports based on roles as I do not think you can directly set permission on user basis.and even ideally you should create a role and give all the users that role so in future if you want to add/remove any user you can easily to that from the roles instead for every reports.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...