Reporting

Hide table column in inline email table

jamesdsteel
Explorer

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to hide a table column in an inline email table while still retaining the ability to use the hidden column in the email notification tokens.

I want to use the token $result.recipients$ in my "To" field for the email notification, but don't want to display the recipients column in the inline table I'm sending in the email.

Is there a way to remove the column while still being able to use the token? I've tried both table and fields commands to display only the columns I want, but they both completely remove the recipients field from the results so it can't be used in the token..

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

peterchenadded
Path Finder

Looks like if you have fields starting with _ they won't be displayed in the inline table. Tested in splunk 7.3.4

e.g.

| makeresults
| eval _hidden_field="hidden_field"
| eval test="hello world"

The inline table will show:

1. _time

2. test

And you can use $result._hidden_field$ in the to field/subject/message field

View solution in original post

peterchenadded
Path Finder

Looks like if you have fields starting with _ they won't be displayed in the inline table. Tested in splunk 7.3.4

e.g.

| makeresults
| eval _hidden_field="hidden_field"
| eval test="hello world"

The inline table will show:

1. _time

2. test

And you can use $result._hidden_field$ in the to field/subject/message field

jamesdsteel
Explorer

Thanks! Tested and this works a treat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...