Reporting

Force/Keep search saved as "Report" to stay on "Statistics" tab?

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

When saved as a Dashboard Panel there is a Visualization called Statistics Table (and also Events) but these are not available when saving as a Report. Is there any way to keep it on the Statistics tab?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I figured this out!
If your data would normally end on the Events tab, the Save dialog has 3 options: Events, Events + Visualization or Visualization.
If your data would normally end on the Stats tab, the Save dialog has 3 options: Stats, Stats + Visualization or Visualization.
Just pick what you need when you save.
I am so used to not reading the Save dialog in detail and just clicking Save that I did not realize this was there.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I figured this out!
If your data would normally end on the Events tab, the Save dialog has 3 options: Events, Events + Visualization or Visualization.
If your data would normally end on the Stats tab, the Save dialog has 3 options: Stats, Stats + Visualization or Visualization.
Just pick what you need when you save.
I am so used to not reading the Save dialog in detail and just clicking Save that I did not realize this was there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...