Reporting

Feeding Sparkline with Data Model

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

Hello,

for a dashboard I will need to display a sparkline with entries blocked / Accessed by an ACL from the Cisco IOS app. Because of the availability of data models I would like to use them to access the data. Unfortunately I am currently not able to create a sparkline that displays what i wanted.

I am able to get 9 charts that can display when each of the values was reached
(e.g.
2 hits at: 10:10, 10:30,10:40
3 hits at 10:20,
4 hits at: 10:50, 11:00
)

[All numbers displayed in a graph]

How could I get this data into a single graph?

| pivot Cisco_IOS_Event Blocked_Access_List_Event Blocked_Access_List_Event AS "val" SPLITROW _time AS _time PERIOD auto SORT 0 _time ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 0 SHOWOTHER 1  |                        eval count=val | eval name="name" | eval Time=_time|chart sparkline by val

Thanks for your help!

Regards!

0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

I fixed it. The solution was the following:

1. I debugged the source of the Cisco IOS App. They use saved searches.
  2. Open Search in Splunk -> Settings->Searches --> Cisco uses the old notation.
  3. Using the old scheme of notation:

search index="cisco-firewall" action="blocked" | chart sparklines

Simple, but works. However I have to admit that I would have preferred a solution with the data model.

Best Regards!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

I fixed it. The solution was the following:

1. I debugged the source of the Cisco IOS App. They use saved searches.
  2. Open Search in Splunk -> Settings->Searches --> Cisco uses the old notation.
  3. Using the old scheme of notation:

search index="cisco-firewall" action="blocked" | chart sparklines

Simple, but works. However I have to admit that I would have preferred a solution with the data model.

Best Regards!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...