Reporting

Feeding Sparkline with Data Model

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

Hello,

for a dashboard I will need to display a sparkline with entries blocked / Accessed by an ACL from the Cisco IOS app. Because of the availability of data models I would like to use them to access the data. Unfortunately I am currently not able to create a sparkline that displays what i wanted.

I am able to get 9 charts that can display when each of the values was reached
(e.g.
2 hits at: 10:10, 10:30,10:40
3 hits at 10:20,
4 hits at: 10:50, 11:00
)

[All numbers displayed in a graph]

How could I get this data into a single graph?

| pivot Cisco_IOS_Event Blocked_Access_List_Event Blocked_Access_List_Event AS "val" SPLITROW _time AS _time PERIOD auto SORT 0 _time ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 0 SHOWOTHER 1  |                        eval count=val | eval name="name" | eval Time=_time|chart sparkline by val

Thanks for your help!

Regards!

0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

I fixed it. The solution was the following:

1. I debugged the source of the Cisco IOS App. They use saved searches.
  2. Open Search in Splunk -> Settings->Searches --> Cisco uses the old notation.
  3. Using the old scheme of notation:

search index="cisco-firewall" action="blocked" | chart sparklines

Simple, but works. However I have to admit that I would have preferred a solution with the data model.

Best Regards!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkbeginner2
Path Finder

I fixed it. The solution was the following:

1. I debugged the source of the Cisco IOS App. They use saved searches.
  2. Open Search in Splunk -> Settings->Searches --> Cisco uses the old notation.
  3. Using the old scheme of notation:

search index="cisco-firewall" action="blocked" | chart sparklines

Simple, but works. However I have to admit that I would have preferred a solution with the data model.

Best Regards!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...