Reporting

Export from counttable broken

timbCFCA
Path Finder

I have a pretty basic query which generates a large (several hundred by several hundred) table.

host=XX OR host=YY print evtid="10" splunk_server="ami" | counttable evtuser, Printer_Name

I need to export this resulting table to a CSV. This function is apparently known to be broken based on some of the other answers I've seen. I'm only receiving the first column of output. Is there a ready way to do what I need?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So can't you just run

host=XX OR host=YY print evtid="10" splunk_server="ami" | counttable evtuser, Printer_Name | outputcsv myfile

Then the results are written to: '$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk/myfile.csv'

View solution in original post

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So can't you just run

host=XX OR host=YY print evtid="10" splunk_server="ami" | counttable evtuser, Printer_Name | outputcsv myfile

Then the results are written to: '$SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/splunk/myfile.csv'

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Never used that command before, so this command aye?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.3/SearchReference/Contingency

0 Karma

timbCFCA
Path Finder

@dmaislin_splunk - I'm rendering a count table in Splunk. I want to save this table to my local drive.

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...