#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

What happened to the IRC channel?

pembleton
Path Finder

I can only see #splunkui in EFnet.
What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

#splunk is alive and well. The channel may be set to invisible, so you will have to manually join it (/join #splunk).

View solution in original post

ppablo
Retired

Just wanted to share here that most of the user community (currently 8,400+ members as of 7/24/19) has moved over to our Splunk Community Slack workspace, splunk-usergroups. https://splunk-usergroups.slack.com.

It's been helpful for people to find subsets of the community to connect with based on specific topics and interests (Ex: admin, appdev, itsi, enterprise-security, architecture, dashboards, regex, indexer-clustering, gamers_who_splunk, etc)

If you are not a member yet, you can submit a request through splk.it/slack which will kick off an email to you to set up your account.

Cheers!

Patrick
Sr. Community Manager

PS - Thanks @renjith.nair for making me aware of this post!

timlehto

Yep. Point your IRC client to irc.efnet.org and manually join #splunk. I'm in there and awfully lonely.

0 Karma

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also in a bit of a pickel here.
I cant connect to the Splunk IRC chat.
Is it efnet, and channel splunk?

0 Karma

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

#splunk is alive and well. The channel may be set to invisible, so you will have to manually join it (/join #splunk).

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

JOIN USSSSS 😉

pembleton
Path Finder

thanks! so stupid (doh!)

0 Karma

athorat
Communicator

its not working now it seems

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @pembleton

Were you able to get on the IRC channel? Usually I just manually type in #splunk. I've never chosen the channel from a list.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...