I've been working on Splunk for quite some time now. I've been asked to think of Splunk implementation from the digital intelligence use case perspective. I’ve looked at Splunk website and some use cases mentioned in the case studies of customers. However, I feel Splunk might be more powerful in the digital intelligence domain. I’m listing some probable list of use cases for Splunk digital intelligence.
Please help me confirm my understanding. Also, please help me in identifying new set of use cases for digital intelligence.
I am also looking about Web Analytics on splunl and especially I am interested how it can compete tools like GA.
From beginning, I want to point two types of analytics:
As you know, splunk it is the second point. In addition you can use snippets and they are closly to tags and will manage other actions to you.
In general Splunk has following advantages in this field:
- Unlimited segmentation and segmentation on the fly
- Ability to easily correlate web logs with other important data sources
- Ability to drilldown to individual visitors/customers
- Understand server side interactions
- Breaking data silos between IT and business
Splunk can do the following actions:
- Capture both client and servers side data for web
- Real-time insights into customer behavior, product analytics Combine & Correlate across digital channels and with IT data
- Delivering analysis for data in Hadoop
The last things:
You can store all your data inhouse, drill down to the particular session, create alerts and enrich data from your DWH or other systems.
Yes Ayn, you are right, Digital Intelligence (DI) is a broad term and may have a vast set of possible solutions/use cases. That's why I'm trying to think of some potential use cases of DI where power of Splunk can be leveraged.