#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk Change password using inline search

jadengoho
Builder

How can i change password of a user, only using Inline search through Search Head ?

Search Head > Heavy Forwarder
Search Head > Indexer
Search Head > License Master
Search Head > Monitoring console
Search Head > Deployment Server

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ragedsparrow
Contributor

You can not natively POST through the Splunk UI Search. The |rest command only supports GET requests. You could likely make your own command to do what you're wanting, or search through splunkbase/github to see if someone has already done it before.

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

You should be able to run something like this:

curl -k -u <YOUR_USER>:<YOUR_PASS> https://<YOUR_SPLUNK_SERVER>:8089/services/authentication/users/<SOME_USER>; -d password=<NEW_PASSWORD>

Or if you're using > 7,3 and using token auth you can use:

curl -k -H "Authorization: Bearer <YOUR_TOKEN>" https://<YOUR_SPLUNK_SERVER>:8089/services/authentication/users/<SOME_USER>; -d password=<NEW_PASSWORD>
0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Could i run this on a inline search ? cause if it is then this would be the answer 🙂

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

You can only make GET REST requests from search bar without any additional commands.
Do you have access to the management port (8089) to do API requests?
Are you wanting to change your own password or someone else?

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Yeah i have access on 8089 request. im trying to update another account password.
Can it work using Rest Script ? target server [HF,IDX,MC,DS,LM]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...