Other Usage

How to create a splunk query for the following problem?

suvi6789
Path Finder

Hi , 

Below is my raw data 

{

timestamp: 2023-09-10

Version:1

Kubernetes.namespace: X

Kubernetes.node: Y

App_id:12345

Host: server.ms.com

Log:  21:46:32.268 [[Runtime].uber.471: [dasda-dasf-fasfs-import-1.0.0].vmstats.com] INFO net.das.com - ProcessCPUload=2.39| SystemCPUload=2.55|Initial memory=1.00| Usedheapmemory=0.70|Maxheap memory=0.95|commited_memory=0.95

S_sourcetype=x

Source=lkms

}

Now, If query as index=123 | table log --> I get the complete data in the log field but my aim to create a table with columns as  ProcessCPUload, SystemCPUload, Usedheapmemory, Maxheap memory, commited_memory with their respective values. 

Could you help on how could I achieve this please

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use this rex statement

| rex field=Log "ProcessCPUload=(?<ProcessCPUload>[\d\.]*).+SystemCPUload(?<SystemCPUload>[\d\.]*).+Usedheapmemory=(?<Usedheapmemory>[\d\.]*).+Maxheap memory=(?<MaxheapMemory>[\d\.]*).+commited_memory=(?<commited_memory>[\d\.]*)"

It will generate a bunch of field names and assumes the format of the data will be as shown - if the order of the fields changes in the log, this will not work

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use this rex statement

| rex field=Log "ProcessCPUload=(?<ProcessCPUload>[\d\.]*).+SystemCPUload(?<SystemCPUload>[\d\.]*).+Usedheapmemory=(?<Usedheapmemory>[\d\.]*).+Maxheap memory=(?<MaxheapMemory>[\d\.]*).+commited_memory=(?<commited_memory>[\d\.]*)"

It will generate a bunch of field names and assumes the format of the data will be as shown - if the order of the fields changes in the log, this will not work

suvi6789
Path Finder

Ho Bowesmana,
Many thanks for the update. This has fixed my issue and I was able to generate the report that I needed 😊.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this solution helped, please mark it as a solution so others can benefit.

0 Karma

suvi6789
Path Finder

Yes, The suggested solution  has worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...