Monitoring Splunk

time stamp mismatch in csv files

gowtham08091
Explorer

I have a set if CSV files getting created every day, none of the CSV files have any default data or time printed within it, when i index the files i could see the data is getting index with different time stamps over the past date.

I have also used crcSalt=<SOURCE>

Soucettype is CSV and set to Current, 

But all the file has created date and last modified data is the same (example today's date.) but the data gets indexed with different timestamp

gowtham08091_0-1596560357505.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk is trying to find timestamp information in those files even if it doesn't exist. If you know your data does not have a timestamp in it you can tell Splunk that by putting 

DATETIME_CONFIG = current

in the appropriate stanza of the props.conf file.  This props file must be installed on the first Splunk instance that parses the data - either a heavy forwarder or an indexer.  Be sure to restart the instance(s) after modifying the file.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gowtham08091
Explorer

@richgalloway  Thanks for your quick reply, but I have already configure the current time, but still the same issue

gowtham08091_0-1596561375127.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...