Monitoring Splunk

Why am I getting errors in Splunk 7.1.1 while searching for something?

satyaallaparthi
Communicator

6 errors occurred while the search was executing. Therefore, search results might be incomplete. Hide errors.

Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'WMI:WinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
 Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'source::WinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
 Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'source::XmlWinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
 Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'WMI:WinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'source::WinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
 Error 'Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.' for conf 'source::XmlWinEventLog:Security' and lookup table 'windows_app_lookup'.
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sphadnis
Path Finder

The Splunk Add-on for Windows 5.0.1 is not compatible with the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure version 1.4.4 and the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange version 3.4.4. Use the Splunk Add-on for Windows 4.8.4 if you want to use either of these apps.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WindowsAddOn/latest/User/Releasenotes
Downgrading /overwriting your 5.0.x app with 4.8.4 will help with the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

greich
Communicator

I am facing the same issue with splunk enterprise 7.1.3 and TA 5.0.1. NOT using the infrastructure app, just the TA

0 Karma

sphadnis
Path Finder

The Splunk Add-on for Windows 5.0.1 is not compatible with the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure version 1.4.4 and the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange version 3.4.4. Use the Splunk Add-on for Windows 4.8.4 if you want to use either of these apps.

0 Karma

sphadnis
Path Finder

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @satyaallaparthi,

Thanks for posting.

Could you give us some more context for your query? What search were you trying to do when the error occurred, etc...You have a much better chance of getting your question answered if you provide more information about your issue. Plus, it will help guide future community users who are facing similar problems.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...