Monitoring Splunk

The Splunkd Services are not working after starting/restarting the services and it is getting stopped, tried several tim

Amolsbhalerao

Hello 

The Splunkd Services are not working after starting/restarting the services and it is getting stopped, I have tried several times. So, could you please help me to sort it out from this issue. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

azteksites
Explorer

@Amolsbhalerao 

You may have a stale splunk.pid file that is not being cleared on startup. This can prevent the splunkd process from starting. If this is the case, you can make a copy of the splunk.pid file in the /splunkforwarder/var/run/splunk directory and replace it with the original.

Run ps -ef | grep splunk command to verify the process is running.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Hi
what you found from SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log file? There should be mention why it didn't start.
r. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...