Monitoring Splunk

The Java Bridge server is not running

pratapa
Explorer

HI,

When we open  the Splunk DB connect , the message "The Java Bridge server is not running"

How can I troubleshoot this issue. We are using Splunk Enterprise 7.1.3.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pratapa ,

check if you installed the correct version of JRE for the App version you're using.

Then configure it following the instructions at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.3.1/DeployDBX/Prerequisites

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

pratapa
Explorer

Hi,

I typed the command java -version on Indexer sever. 

[root@aeaxsplnd01 ~]# java -version
-bash: java: command not found
[root@aeaxsplnd01 ~]# which java
/usr/bin/which: no java in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)

Is JRE needs to be installed on Indexer server or it needs to be installed on Search head server.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends if you are using only inputs then indexers (or HFs) are enough, but if you are using also dbxquery etc. then it must be also in sh layer.

Quite often java has installed under /opt. Check from correct installation manual how you should configure DBX when you are installing it. The easiest way is do it with GUI/web. Other option is do it via conf files, but I prefer GUI.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pratapa ,

must be installed in the location where you're running DB-Connect App.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...