Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Query for license usages

rohitvjoshi
Path Finder

Hi All,

Can you please help me with the search query to extract the license usages for last 1 yr, I am trying below search query but it is taking too long to extract the results.

Please suggest the same.

Thanks

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Do you have internals over one year? Default is 30 days if you did not change that you will not get your report over one year

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I can't see the query you are currently using, but I would suggest the following approach:

Run a query like this to try and determine the average size of events. Run it over a small time frame (maybe a week or so).
some_search | eval len = len(_raw) | stats avg(_len)

Then after you know roughly the average size of events you can run a query over the full time range and count how many events have occured. For example:
some_search | stats count

Multiple the result by your average event size to get a rough indication of how much license you used for that search.

You can also use tstats to really speed things up. If you post your search I can try make a tstats version for you.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...