Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Indexer Error

abhijitnath89ax
Loves-to-Learn

We received the below error in splunkd.log on our indexer server. We are using cluster env with 6 indexers. The indexers are coming up and down

11-05-2020 07:23:03.304 +0000 ERROR TcpInputProc - Error encountered for connection from src=X.X.X.X:60116. Broken pipe
Labels (2)
0 Karma

nwuest
Path Finder

Hi @abhijitnath89ax,

After doing some researching about the error you have depicted could be related to the indexers trying to see if the others indexers/receivers are "alive" named a heartbeat function.

View solution in original post by @hliakathali_spl 

Would there happen to be a firewall change either in the network and/or a firewall change on the Splunk Indexers themselves that are prohibiting the connection between them?

We hope to hear back from you!

V/R,
nwuest
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...