Monitoring Splunk

Shared Drive Folder monitoring in Windows Machine

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Hi Team,

We got a request from a client stating to monitor the Shared Folder in a windows server. So currently I need the exact inputs.conf so that I can test the same.

File Path which needs to be monitored: D:\ABC-Test\XYZ-Test\DEF-T\LMN-T\OPQ-D*.log

In this Path "ABC-Test" is a shared folder and also "XYZ-Test" is also a shared folder.

It's a windows machine so kindly provide the inputs.conf so that i can update the same

Previously I have provided the stanza as something like this but it didn’t worked:

[monitor://D:\ABC-Test\XYZ-Test\DEF-T\LMN-T\OPQ-D*.log]
index = man
sourcetype = dev
disabled = 0

So kindly help on the same.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Have you confirmed that the user under which the Splunk process runs has permission to access that shared drive / folder?

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Can the Splunk Universal forwarder be installed on the client Windows machine which shares the drive? Then it is the best way as you get a more consistent data and information like host, source correctly.

Plainly trying to read from shared drive may cause permissions issues etc. But worth a try if Splunk runs as admin by changing the stanza to the shared/mapped folder

0 Karma

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Can anyone help on this request please.

0 Karma

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Hi,

Can anyone help on my request.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...