Monitoring Splunk

New Splunk install to Monitor WebSphere 7.0

MJTrigwell
Engager

Hi,

I am having problems getting Splunk to monitor WebSphere V7.

I have enabled PMI on WebSphere and installed Splunk with WebSphere App. However when I go to check JVM size Splunk only lists the Nodeagent.

This is a new install of Splunk and I am a new user so I may have misconfigured Splunk.

Does Splunk Monitor WAS(Websphere Application Server) V7?

Can you point me to any specific documentation on how to configure the Splunk Websphere App that is more in details than this URL http://www.splunkbase.com/apps/All/4.x/app:Splunk+for+WebSphere+Application+Server

PS - it appears Splunk has problems accessing my second WebSphere profile "nsq205apProxyPNProfile1"

thanks MikeT

1 Solution

Nicholas_Key
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mike,

Thank you for downloading and installing Splunk.

To answer your question, yes, Splunk for WebSphere monitors WebSphere 7 in addition to WebSphere version 6.1 and above. We are releasing an updated version that supports multiple WebSphere profiles soon.

Nicholas

View solution in original post

Nicholas_Key
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mike,

Thank you for downloading and installing Splunk.

To answer your question, yes, Splunk for WebSphere monitors WebSphere 7 in addition to WebSphere version 6.1 and above. We are releasing an updated version that supports multiple WebSphere profiles soon.

Nicholas

esachs
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Mike, the current release on Splunkbase now supports multiple profiles/servers on a single physical box. We have also updated the documentation to be a little more helpful for setting up forwarding and receiving in a distributed environment.

0 Karma

Nicholas_Key
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Mike, the next release should be sometime before the end of July.

0 Karma

MJTrigwell
Engager

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the update - Can you advise an aprrox timeframe to release a multi-profile version?

I like what I see its just not very useful to me at the moment.

regards MikeT

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...