Monitoring Splunk

Incorrect Path to Script, but Path doesn't exist

wwhite12
Path Finder

I'm trying to bring in new data to my Splunk standalone and getting this error in the _internal logs
Incorrect path to script: /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/my_app/local/bin/run_it.sh. Script must be located inside $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts.
Only thing is, the path to script the log shows, doesn't exist. The path in the log has /my_app/local/bin/run_it.sh but I've triple checked and my bin folder in my app is under /my_app/bin/run_it.sh. There is no bin folder under the local directory that it appears to be referencing.
Is there something that I am missing when trying to get this data in?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lloydknight
Builder

Hello @wwhite12

Place the bin outside the local directory.

The run_it.sh script should be located inside the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/my_app/bin/ for Splunk to be able to run it.

If bin is not existing, you just have to create it and place the script inside with atleast a chmod u+x run_it.sh permission.

Hope it helps!

0 Karma

wwhite12
Path Finder

As said in my initial question, the run_it.sh script has been located in the /my_app/bin/ directory from the beginning. I've also given it the proper permissions.

0 Karma

lloydknight
Builder

Apologies as I got confused on the wordings, here it is:

Incorrect path: /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/my_app/local/bin/run_it.sh
Your script location: /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/my_app/bin/run_it.sh

Have you tried running the commands below already for checking?

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/./splunk list monitor
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/./splunk cmd btool check
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/./splunk cmd btool check --debug

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...