Monitoring Splunk

How to stream Azure VM performance counters with Azure monitor add on for splunk?

Koko12345678
Explorer

I'm using Azure monitor add-on for Splunk to collect Azure Diagnostic, activity logs and metrics but this add on , as I understand , does not include collecting performance counters Data from VMs.
does someone knows how can I collect performance counters?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This add-on should collect VM metrics as long as you tag the VM. For example, here is what I have tagged on a VM via the Azure Portal:

metrics: Percentage CPU, Network In, Network Out

I got the values for the metrics tag from this page -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/monitoring-supported-metrics#micro... Note that some of these metrics are still in preview though.

Here is the search for the metric data:

sourcetype="amm:*" amm_resourceType="MICROSOFT.COMPUTE/VIRTUALMACHINES" | stats values(name.value)

Result:
alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...