Monitoring Splunk

How to query Indexers for CPU/Mem/License information?

att35
Builder

Hi,

I am trying to build a glass table which would list each indexer and current parameters associated with it. e.g. # of unique hosts, # unique sourcetypes etc.

To add more information, I also want to include the current memory / CPU / License utilization for that indexer. Is there a way to query an indexers for these items just like we do for sourcetype/hosts?

We have a monitoring console which displays this data for each server, but it's installed on a separate server. How can I get these values directly via Indexer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Abhi

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Is this ITSI?

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The _introspection internal index has this information. Starting with v6.3, the DMC was introduced which provides quick dashboards based off the introspection index.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/DMC/ResourceusageInstance

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi abhijittikekar,
you can see DMC searches on the machine where DMC is installed and then copy and adjust them in your panels for your scope.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...