Monitoring Splunk

How to merge performance counters from several servers in Splunk to get a global view of the sum of each counter from each server?

vtortola

I have a service that runs in 4 different servers. Each instance has its own performance counters and usually we jump from server to server to see how the service doing.

Is it possible with Splunk to get a global view of those performance counters that show the sum of each counter from each server?

Some of those counters show how many requests are being processed per second, so I would like to see how many requests per second are being processed by the 4 servers as a whole.

Thanks.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you referring to windows services?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Yes, this is exactly what Splunk is designed to do and it is very good at it. You would probably do is add a scripted input to pull the KPIs from each server and then you can go crazy alerting, charting and dashboarding that data.

0 Karma

vtortola

Do you know where can I find any documentation about how to do it?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...