Monitoring Splunk

How to complete Certs definitions in config?

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm trying to do my own "poor man's certificate check" 😉

Ideally I'd like to pick up from the config (btool output) the paths to certs so I could check them with openssl CLI tool. I don't want to do any python modular input stuff for that since I want it to run as a simple script on any machine with UF. The question therefore is where should I get my certs from.

serverCert, RootCA, clientCert, sslRootCAPath entries in inputs.conf, outputs.conf, servers.conf, deploymentclients.conf (of course they don't have to be defined in each file). For now I assume the "new" configuration format with a single pem.

Any files that I forgot? Any more entries I missed? 🙂

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

At least authentication.conf and web.conf have some cert definitions over those which you already listed.

In some weird situation also /opt/splunk/splunk/etc/openldap/ldap.conf can have uncommented entries for those?

r. Ismo

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

web.conf - sure; don't know how I omitted it.

authentication/ldap - you're right. I forgot about external authentication. I mostly use local accounts but of course makes sense.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...