Monitoring Splunk

How can I resolve the error - "The minimum free disk space (2048MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch" ?

Mick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just upgraded to version 4.1 and I'm seeing this message in the UI. My minimum free disk space is 1GB and I haven't reached that limit yet, but I do have less than 2GB free.

Currently I can't run any searches and I need to change this limit, how do I do that?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Mick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a new disk space check in Splunk 4.1, designed to ensure that there is enough space to write search results to disk. Currently it's hard-coded and cannot be changed, but it will be tunable in 4.1.1.

For now, the only way to get your searches working again, is to clear some space on the partition where Splunk is running.

There's another discussion on the subject here

View solution in original post

Mick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a new disk space check in Splunk 4.1, designed to ensure that there is enough space to write search results to disk. Currently it's hard-coded and cannot be changed, but it will be tunable in 4.1.1.

For now, the only way to get your searches working again, is to clear some space on the partition where Splunk is running.

There's another discussion on the subject here

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...