Monitoring Splunk

How can I resolve clean-dispatch issues- Can't search, and dashboards are non functional?

HathMH
Path Finder

Received error this morning on one of our non-distributed search head:

The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch.

Nothing works, cannot search, dashboards are non-functional.

Searching produces this error:

Search not executed: The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch. user=admin., concurrency_category="historical", concurrency_context="user_instance-wide", current_concurrency=0, concurrency_limit=5000

I did quite a bit of digging in the community and found the following on my instances, non-distributed:

Dispatch

Tried the clean-dispatch command on our bloated 8873 count in /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch

Shut down splunk even run in sudo, results in error of Permission denied

Ran command:  ./splunk cmd splunkd clean-dispatch /temp -1day

HathMH_0-1667414225419.png

bundle files

distsearches.conf  has no maxbundlesize addressing the large .bundle files in /opt/splunk/var/run

If I delete out the bundle files above, I can search for alittle bit on the search head, but then it craps out.

Now, I am at a loss after reading so many articles, how-tos and docs. I'm not a splunk guy, but I am trying to get this stable.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...