Monitoring Splunk

How can I monitor a filepath effectively?

kymenope
Explorer

I have been attempting to add a file path in data inputs as well as in the inputs.conf file as a "monitor".  Each time I implement this Splunk ingestion latency spikes to over 300ms and the service becomes effectively unusable.

My intention is to monitor file additions, deletions, and modifications within a specific filepath.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

kymenope
Explorer

once I enable the data input I am unable to use Splunk whatsoever due to this ingestion latency. 

I have assigned the inputs a sourcetype but querying for said search type always returns no results.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

maybe you should provide us more details pls.. 

1) the UF ... linux or win.. 

2) do you have HF or not

3)the indexers... is it basic single indexer or you have clusters

4)did you do any upgrades recently on the indexer(s)?!?! 

5) is it regular log file data onboarding or is it scripted input or HEC or something else.. 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

the ingestion latency of 300 milli seconds

you meant to say, the 300 MS is a huge delay? may we know what delay you are expecting? pls let us know more details about the requirements, so that we can understand it and suggest you a solution. thanks. 

Best Regards,
Sekar

my youtube channel for Splunk Newbie Learnings
https://www.youtube.com/@SiemNewbies101/videos

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...