Monitoring Splunk

Health:Red

kmill78
Explorer

I cannot find what is doing this and the answer that google always brings back from the community is not very good. 

Root Cause(s):

• The number of extremely lagged searches (1) over the last hour exceeded the red threshold (1) on this Splunk instance
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

use the MC (monitoring console) to check what is status of scheduled searches. It should show to you which search and why is caused this warning. 
r. Ismo

kmill78
Explorer

hey thanks ! would you know where exactly in the MC ?

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

depending on your environment, the monitoring console will be available at Settings > Monitoring Console

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.5/DMC/DMCoverview

I believe search lag is a symptom of skipped or differed searches...check out the search related stats and review your server resources

- MattyMo

kmill78
Explorer

thank you very much ! i know how to get in to th MC , its from there i get lost 🙂 

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

dont worry ill tie this rope to your waist....dive in, you wont get lost...docs has a guide for how to interpret the data (see link i posted above). Once you have touched the bottom of the pool come back up for some air and let us know what you working with and what you have tried!

mattymo_0-1595426983921.png

Otherwise, check your jobs tab in splunk and look for jobs that are queued or differed. Also it says 1 search, can you not click into it?

mattymo_0-1595427206401.png

- MattyMo

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I think that correct item is "Scheduler Activity: Instance". If I recall right it is under the Search Head item on distributed environment?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...