Monitoring Splunk

Getting "DMC Alert - Near Critical Disk Usage"

schlote
Engager

We are at 91% so not immediately urgent but how do I find out why this is alerting? on one of 2 indexers. Other is at ~80 percent...

We are new to splunk, been running for a few months now. First time this alert came up.

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your total disk capacity and your setup.  In order to give some idea;

- Splunk will stop indexing and responding to searches if disk free space gets lower than 5 GB default.

- If your indexes are in those disks you should check your volume settings for indexes.

- Total volumes should be lower than total disk size.

- OS and Datamodels should be taken into account.

You can see below document;

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/Indexer/Configureindexstoragesize 

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @schlote,

They should be coming from Monitoring Console Platform alerts. The default threshold for Disk Usage is 80. You can check/edit these alerts settings on your Monitoring Console | Settings | Alert Setup page.  

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

schlote
Engager

Any suggestions on things to check regarding usage? 

Should I be concerned that this is filling up? or is this normal...

usage is still at 91% today so it has not increased in the last 24h.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...