Monitoring Splunk

Does someone know how to check connection at indexer (VM) while deploying indexing cluster in linux command?

HadrianusHon
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

I am struggling to verify connection status of master node in indexer through VM using linux command. 

Does someone know what command can I use to view the connection status between them?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

HadrianusHon
Explorer

not close. it didnt state which is master or indexer.

well, I just tried this and it looks good.

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk list cluster-config -auth username:password | grep master_uri

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean

splunk show cluster-status

?

0 Karma

HadrianusHon
Explorer

it's not the result that I need

I built indexer cluster with pointing to master node in other vm.

I would like to check through using linux command in indexer VM.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

HadrianusHon
Explorer

Thank you for the response,

I checked them all and it is still not the command I was looking for.

Perhaps, it is existed.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm afraid if you want to check the intra-cluster connectivity the only available command is the "show cluster-status". But indeed it works only on the CM so either run it on CM, on run it from the indexer but call the CM fo the status by using the -uri option.

0 Karma

HadrianusHon
Explorer

"on run it from the indexer but call the CM fo the status by using the -uri option."

May you let me know what command it is? I can try .

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's still the same "show cluster-status" command but you have to tell it where to look for CM. It implies that you must have network connectivity to the CM from the host you're running the command on of course.

splunk show cluster-status -uri https://your.cm.address:8089/

0 Karma

HadrianusHon
Explorer

not close. it didnt state which is master or indexer.

well, I just tried this and it looks good.

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk list cluster-config -auth username:password | grep master_uri

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

But this doesn't tell you about the _status_ of the connectivity. It tells you about the configuration.

These are two different things.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...