Monitoring Splunk

Citrix XenDesktop app spiking CPU usage

pmac22
Path Finder

Hello, I'm having issues with my Citrix XenDesktop7 app and TA. The forwarder (7.02, same as my enterprise splunk) doesn't seem to be the issue but after running procmon and resource monitor, I found that the Citrix server (Win2016 server, XenApp 7.8 NOT RUNNING XEN DERSKTOP VDI) has the powershell.exe process spiking the CPU when it's calling the "GetXDSession7.ps1" script from the TA-XD7-Broker app on the host. When running that powershell script, the CPU spikes hard and users logging into the server are having severe lagging issues.

Obviously, I can throw more resources at the VM but I was wondering if anyone else has seen similar performance issues in their environment before I start requesting more CPU from my server admins.

Thanks!
PM

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...