Monitoring Splunk

Call External REST URL from search

premraj_vs
Path Finder

I know that we can use REST Modular Input to call REST API and get the results in JSON format in Splunk. But, my requirement is different.
I want to make a rest call directly in Splunk search. is this possible ? If yes, can someone give any pointers ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you want the REST API call to originate from the user's browser? Remember dashboards can have javascript and that javascript can do anything that the cross-origin policy allows. Sometimes cross-origin policy makes it just too difficult to call 3rd party APIs directly from the browser though.

You can always build your own custom search command. The user (or the dashboard they are viewing) makes a call to | callmyrestapi which runs a python script on the search head that does the needful.

There is already an app, https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4172/, that provides a very generic |curl custom search command. This may be enough to do what you need.

premraj_vs
Path Finder

Thank you. Will check this

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...