Knowledge Management

python.version in transforms.conf gets overwritten if you edit transform via gui

anachronism

Hi,

I have an external lookup I've written - and to future proof it I've written it for python3.

I have put python. version = python3 in the local transforms.conf, but if I edit the transform via the GUI that setting disappears and it without it there it reverts back to python2 as default and fails. I guess this _could_ go into default - but is there a cleaner way to do this? (In testing I can put the python version in the system.conf - but I won't be able to do that in prod 😞 ).

So much for future-proofing :(:

Running 8.0.5.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Every setting that ships with the app should go in default. Leave local for local customizations.
---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

anachronism

I kind of agree with that - but the software is buggy and Splunk don’t want to hear about bugs from people without support contracts (at the moment I don’t have one/access to my companies one). Shame.  

0 Karma
.conf21 Now Fully Virtual!
Register for FREE Today!

We've made .conf21 totally virtual and totally FREE! Our completely online experience will run from 10/19 through 10/20 with some additional events, too!