Knowledge Management

python.version in transforms.conf gets overwritten if you edit transform via gui

anachronism

Hi,

I have an external lookup I've written - and to future proof it I've written it for python3.

I have put python. version = python3 in the local transforms.conf, but if I edit the transform via the GUI that setting disappears and it without it there it reverts back to python2 as default and fails. I guess this _could_ go into default - but is there a cleaner way to do this? (In testing I can put the python version in the system.conf - but I won't be able to do that in prod 😞 ).

So much for future-proofing :(:

Running 8.0.5.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Every setting that ships with the app should go in default. Leave local for local customizations.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

anachronism

I kind of agree with that - but the software is buggy and Splunk don’t want to hear about bugs from people without support contracts (at the moment I don’t have one/access to my companies one). Shame.  

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...