Knowledge Management

(help) splunk is not work after restart server

lifekis
Explorer

I have mistake that deleted the configuration default file.
WebUI does not work properly after server restart.
What should I do?

deleted files
splunk/etc/apps/SplunkForwarder/*
splunk/etc/apps/SplunkLightForwarder/*
splunk/etc/apps/legacy/*
splunk/etc/apps/sample_app/*

KakaoTalk_20210219_161439874.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lifekis,

it wasn't a good idea to delete some Splunk's default apps!

Anyway, you have three ways to restore your Splunk installation:

• take the deleted files from a backup if present;
  • update Splunk to a following minor version (e.g. 8.1.1 to 8.1.2 or 7.3.3 to 7.3.4), if possible;
  • take the deleted folders and files from another installation of the same version of Splunk (if you haven't it, make a new installation in another server or in the same but in a different folder).

The first two solutions are prefereable because quicker, but I don't know if they are possible in your installation, the third requires more work but it runs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lifekis,

it wasn't a good idea to delete some Splunk's default apps!

Anyway, you have three ways to restore your Splunk installation:

• take the deleted files from a backup if present;
  • update Splunk to a following minor version (e.g. 8.1.1 to 8.1.2 or 7.3.3 to 7.3.4), if possible;
  • take the deleted folders and files from another installation of the same version of Splunk (if you haven't it, make a new installation in another server or in the same but in a different folder).

The first two solutions are prefereable because quicker, but I don't know if they are possible in your installation, the third requires more work but it runs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

lifekis
Explorer

It was solved using the third method. Thanks.

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can force upgrade Splunk to the same version again to restore default apps and files.

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

0 Karma

lifekis
Explorer

thanks, I will try.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...