Knowledge Management

Why should I continue trying to evaluate Splunk?

rwitt_cei

Hello,
Monday I signed up for a cloud trial and it still isn't working for me. When a sales person called and we talked the product sounds like it's a great fit but when he followed-up to see about getting the trial working I was told that "they are making some updates to the cloud POC environment (this isn’t happening in the paid environment). That is the reason you’re getting this [error on login] message."

I just now (Thursday afternoon here) spun up a win 2012 r2 server and downloaded the enterprise install but that's also a no-go. During install it fails with "The cabinet file 'ent.cab' required ... cannot be used...".

Can someone reassure me of Splunk's Quality? How often have you had problems and how responsive are they?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ed
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi rwitt_cei,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you please provide us with some additional information so we can help troubleshoot this?
- Are you having trouble with the cloud trial you signed up for through splunk.com or is this an issue with a POC that a sales person setup for you?
- What is the error message you are encountering when you try to login?
- Is it possible you're attempting to login with a different splunk.com account than the one you originally signed up for the trial with?
- Are you attempting to install the Enterprise Trial on your own server when you're encountering that cabinet file error?
- Have you tried re-downloading the installer? Cab file errors are often the result of a corrupted download.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Support tells me you should be all set with your Cloud trial access. If not, or we can help with anything else, please let us know!

rwitt_cei

Hello Ed,
I'll switch your bullets to a numbered list and address them in order:

1. It's a cloud trial that I setup through splunk.com. I signed up for that before speaking with a sales person.
  2. The error is: IDP failed to authenticate request. Status Message="ACCESS_DENIED" Status Code="Responder,RequestDenied" Status Details="org.sourceid.saml20.domain.AuthorizationException: Authorization failed (ACCESS_DENIED)
  3. I don't think I'm logging in with the wrong account. When I login to the splunkcommunities.force.com site it shows my account associated with the trial instance URL.
  4. Yes, I downloaded the enterprise trial for use on my own VM.
  5. I will give that a shot.

Sidenote to 3, there should be a case for this that I created Monday around 3:25 PM Central time. [255893]

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm still interested in hearing from other users what their experiences are and if they would recommend/vouch for splunk.

0 Karma

rwitt_cei

Re-downloading the enterprise installer was successful, BTW.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...