Knowledge Management

Why am I having Issues with use of LIKE in macro validation?

Pat
Path Finder

So I have a macro that has a field variable that I want to use a wildcard and worse the field names tend to have dots.  So a good field would be body.system.diskio.write.bytes and I tried using the following:

LIKE($field$, "body_system_diskio%")

with the idea is if would error if the field did not at least contain body.system.diskio.  I put the underscores in as im not sure it could handle the dots.  This does not work for me.  Anyone know what im doing wrong here?

EDITED :  I only had two options for conditionals and ended up getting it to work with match($BodySystemDiskIoBytes$, "body.system.diskio.write.bytes|body.system.diskio.read.bytes")

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Pat
Path Finder

I got this solved by switching to the match  conditional

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your macro should have single quotes around $field$ so that if your field name has non standard characters (e.g. dots), then it will work, so like this

LIKE('$field$', "body_system_diskio%")
0 Karma

Pat
Path Finder

I got this solved by switching to the match  conditional

0 Karma

Pat
Path Finder

thanks.  This helped somewhat in that it does not fail but now it never fails.  I tried taking it one step further and tried LIKE('$BodySystemDiskIoBytes$', "'body.system.diskio'%") but no luck.  My failure field im using is "body.system.test.write.bytes"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...