Knowledge Management

Why am I getting this error? - "Error in 'outputlookup' command: The lookup table 'Permission denied for collection 'mycollection'' is invalid."

ksarpol
Explorer

I'm attempting to create my first kvstore collection and I get this error when I try to write to the collection.

Error in 'outputlookup' command: The lookup table 'Permission denied for collection 'mycollection'' is invalid.

Here's the search

| savedsearch mysavedsearch | outputlookup mykvstore

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ksarpol
Explorer

I moved the collections.conf file from my private user directory to the application directory and it works now.

0 Karma

dgladkikh_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you give us more details about how you created these collection and lookup table?
It seems that something is wrong with the collection, your user does not have access to it and he cannot write into it.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Why don't you try this? | savedsearch mysavedsearch | outputlookup mykvstore.csv, to Write to mykvstore.csv lookup file (under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/lookups or $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/*/lookups) ?.

SGF

ksarpol
Explorer

I'm currently using outputcsv. I want to switch to kvstore since it supports CRUD operations and scales better whereas, outputcsv and outputlookup do not.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...