Knowledge Management

Why AppInspect tool Fails check_lookup_files check?

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello Splunkers,

My app has a static lookup my_lookup.csv with static data.

This is my sample csv data which cause a failure.

FieldOne,FieldTwo,FieldThree
DataOne,DataTwo ,"Data Three with double quotes & commas, such as this=""Hi@Im.in "", that=""Hi@You.in"". "

I got AppInspect below failures.

check_lookup_files check_lookup_csv_is_valid

check_lookup_files.py
This .csv lookup is not formatted as valid csv. Details: The number of columns in row 2 (=4 columns) does not match the number of columns in the csv's header (=3 columns). The header is considered row 1. Please edit/remove this lookup. File: lookups/my_lookup.csv

Question: My csv file is proper with 3 header (=3 columns) with proper data.Then why AppInspect considering =4 columns ? Is it bug in AppInspect? Or I have to handle this scenario in different way.

Thanks
Kamlesh

Tags (1)

tpavlik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Kamlesh - thank you for catching this! Indeed it appears that your sample CSV is recognized and parsed correctly by Splunk's inputlookup command so this AppInspect check is at fault. We have filed a bug and hope to align our parsing of CSV files with the inputlookup implementation. For now please ignore this check failure.

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @tpavlik_splunk,

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I felt that was the bug.

And yes, it will be OK if this failure would be in my "Good To Have" list.
:)

Can you please let me know the possibility to scope this bug in next release of AppInspect tool?

Thanks

0 Karma

tpavlik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Kamlesh, I can't guarantee it will be in our next release but it is in our backlog and we should be able to address it in the coming weeks. Thanks again for identifying the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...