Knowledge Management

Where can I find more info on app licensing?

staticlord1

I'm developing a Splunk app that I would like to give timed trials for and I would like to create licenses for it. I've read the "add licensing requirements to a Splunk app" page several times to make sure I didn't miss anything, but it mentions being able to use the Splunk app licensing API to create licenses from templates without giving any kind of examples/references.

Is there somewhere I can find more information on the app licensing service?

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

altink
Builder

Hi @kmorris_splunk 

I have the same issue.

The link provided leads to an empty page:
"Hi! This page does not exist, or has been removed from the documentation. ....."

best regards
Altin

0 Karma

staticlord1

Yes I've seen that. But that makes no reference to the Splunk app licensing API. I need to create a license and then have it validate with the API once installed on the user's instance. Similar to how the exchange app has its own separate license in Splunk settings

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...